Sunday, March 25, 2012

Polka Dots are Girl’s Best Friend, Too!

I consider getting dressed to be a fun and creative challenge. I would even go so far as to call it one of my hobbies, one that actually stuck. This week I decided to experiment with polka dots. Wearing any type of pattern can be tricky, but it certainly shouldn’t give you a panic attack. This is one look I wore to work, polka dots with plaid pumps. If you’re scared to go all the way with wearing patterns, try wearing the pattern on something small like a scarf or in this case, tights. Also, wearing small bursts of pattern will kick your outfit up a notch. It’s very inexpensive trick, I got these tights from Wal-Mart for five bucks and these pumps only cost me $12 at a Macy’s clearance sale.

Polka dots and plaid, oh my!

If you’re feeling bold, try wearing a patterned top or bottom. Beware the key word is “or.” Do NOT wear patterns from head to toe unless it’s a maxi dress or jumpsuit. I found this fabulous top on a weekend trip to San Antonio at T.J. Maxx, it was about $15. The neutral colors make it less intimidating and actually my first instinct was to rock it with a black pencil skirt which is fine. But I like to have a little fun with my style. So I rocked it with this pink mini-skirt I found at Forever 21 instead…it did everything, but break the bank at $9. I ended up wearing this ensemble to a party at the House of Blues and I really stood out amongst all of the “freakum” dresses and “club” shirts…in a good way.



Anyway, I hope you like what I put together and it inspires you to experiment with different patterns in your closet. Have fun!

Ms. Jas

No comments:

Post a Comment