Sunday, March 25, 2012

Work it Girl!

Wear to Work

Okay, so for most people getting dressed for work can be a complete nightmare. However, I have some great news...it doesn't have to be! One thing I like to do that also makes my work day go by more smoothly is wearing color...bright colors. I would like to say that there is research available to prove that wearing bright colors improves your mood and attitude, but I haven't found that research just yet. Here is one of my favorite colors, turquoise. I like to call it my "power" color because when I wear it I feel like all eyes are on me. Which may be all in my head, but feeling that way helps me put a little more pep in my step. A way to include color in your wardrobe is to combine your colorful pieces with neutral colors. For example, wearing this turquoise dress with neutral accessories would definitely be the way to go for me. You can actually reverse this look with a beige or black dress and colorful accessories.  Work can be stressful enough, but what you wear on the outside can definitely affect how you feel on the inside. So punching up your wardrobe with a powerful color like this can come in handy if you have a major meeting or presentation. Hope this helps you get your week off to a wonderful start!



Cotton dress
£95 - coast-stores.com

Yves Saint Laurent leather tote handbag
€1.400 - montaignemarket.com

Banana Republic pink necklace
$70 - bananarepublic.gap.com

Mango cuff jewelry
£20 - mango.com

2 comments:

  1. That's a power outfit for ya! I really love the the color combo and it's so true about colors affecting your mood.

    ReplyDelete