Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekend Warrior: Pasadena Strawberry Festival


It’s rare that I have a free weekend, but when I do I hate to spend it in the house. Whenever I have a chance I like to explore my backyard.

This weekend was the Pasadena Strawberry Festival in Pasadena, TX. The only Strawberry Festival I’ve heard of was the much talked about festival in the film, “Too Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar.” So I guess I was expecting something similar. Although, the festival was nothing like the film, I was still pleasantly surprised.

Experimenting with Instagram...ha!
I entered the convention center and was greeted by the world’s largest strawberry shortcake.
World's Largest Strawberry Shortcake
So you know I had to have my share, right?

It tasted as good as it looked!
I spent the rest of the festival taking in the sights of the carnival rides, the live music, and trying to eat myself into a food coma.

For my weekend adventure, I rocked a “Nola Darling” inspired ensemble. I purchased this skirt from Old Navy because it reminded me of the skirt Nola Darling wore in the first few scenes of Spike Lee’s “She’s Gotta Have It.”

Me rocking my "Nola Darling" skirt with my Strawberry Shortcake in hand!
All in all, I have to say today was a good day and I didn't even have to use my AK...

Ms. Jas

No comments:

Post a Comment